We have all the ingredients for your perfect self-guided escape. To help you explore we’ll give you a free Ordnance Survey map, plus detailed route notes for our recommended walking and cycle routes. On many holidays our experienced leaders are on hand to offer help and advice.
Our Discovery Point at Lulworth Lodge is the starting point for your outdoor adventure. You’ll find:
- Our recommended walking and cycling routes – detailed route notes for you to borrow
- Comprehensive library of local maps and guidebooks
- Ideas and contacts for more active options such as kayaking and pony trekking
- A daily weather forecast
When you’re not walking, there’s plenty to do locally. Why not explore iconic Corfe Castle or take a ride on the Swanage Steam Railway.
- Full Board accommodation – breakfast, evening meal and an extensive walkers’ picnic lunch
- A free Ordnance Survey 1:25,000 scale Explorer map of the local area with every booking
- Detailed route notes, ranging from short strolls to longer coastal walks
- Country House Escapes guide – full of information about local attractions, activities and suggested itineraries to help plan your break
- All the lodge facilities, including our well equipped boot and drying room, plus our swimming pool at nearby West Lulworth House
Enjoy full days exploring Dorset, combining guided walks of up to 4 miles (6.5km) and 500 feet (150m) of ascent with plenty of time for sightseeing. Some ascents and descents are steep.
Immerse yourself in the remarkable landscape of England’s first Natural World Heritage Site. Soak up the sea air, explore fossil-filled beaches and sample superb local food and drink.
- Walk on the Jurassic Coast to see the iconic Durdle Door
- Discover Max Gate, Thomas Hardy’s home
- Explore historic Weymouth and the 17th century house and gardens of Kingston Lacy
- Experience rural Dorset and view the ancient carved giant at Cerne Abbas
Great reasons to join us:
- All prices include Full Board en-suite accommodation, the services of an experienced HF Holidays’ guide, all transport to and from the walks and sightseeing, and light-hearted evening activities
- Enjoy carefully selected shorter walks and sightseeing visits with a knowledgeable leader
- An outstanding location, just a stone’s throw from the beach at Lulworth Cove
- We pride ourselves on the social atmosphere of our holidays – walk together, eat together and relax together
Enjoy dramatic scenery and fossil-filled beaches as you journey along England’s first Natural World Heritage Site – the spectacular ‘Jurassic Coast’ in Dorset.
Our route follows the final section of the South West Coast Path, from the Golden Cap to Studland Bay, and you’ll stay at the stunning horseshoe cove at Lulworth.
- Discover the South West’s outstanding Jurassic Coast
- Stay at HF Holidays’ West Lulworth House, an ideal central location for this trail
- Wonderful scenery along rugged coastline including chalk cliffs, Golden Cap and the famous Durdle Door
- 7 nights’ Full Board en-suite accommodation with all meals
- The services of an experienced HF Holidays’ guide
- All transport to and from the route is provided on walking days
- Social activities in the evening
Looking for more something a little more flexible?
Check out our Bed & Breakfast only vacancies.